Application & Admission
- A bachelor’s degree from the University of Bayreuth in Applied African Studies, African Culture & Society, International Economics & Development, African Development Studies in Geography, Philosophy & Economics, or Geography (final grade “2.5” or better), or an equivalent degree awarded by another university
- At least four weeks of practical experience abroad dealing with development
- English language skills (C1) and – for international students – demonstrated skills in the German language
Applicants who do not hold a university degree for a programme conducted in German will be asked to proof language skills at level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference until the end of the first year of studies.
Start of the programme:
- Each winter semester (October)
Application for admission
The application period opens in April.
All applicants are asked to submit the required documents by 1 July in order to facilitate the administrative process. Foreign applicants (except for “Bildungsinländer”) need to submit the required documents by 1 July. The date of application before this date will not affect your chances for admission. However, international students who have to expect a rigorous visa application process for entering the European Union are advised to apply by 1 May. Admissions are only valid for the application year.
Please read all of the following information carefully before you proceed!
All applications must be submitted via the online application tool "CampusOnline". Change the language with the 'DE/EN' button (two speech bubbles) in the upper right corner of the CampusOnline homepage and create a basic account first. Afterwards, you can login and begin with the application process.
You will be asked to upload the following documents. If you are unable to provide one or several of the documents now but you are sure that you can present them upon inscription in early October, please upload a very short declaration instead of each of the documents that you cannot submit.
- Bachelor's Degree Certificate
- Bachelor's Transcript of Records
- School Leaving Certificate
- Internship Proof
- Language Skill Certificates
If you already hold a Master's degree that you believe comes closer to the study programmes listed above, please submit the Master documents instead of your Bachelor documents.
In addition to the proofs and certificates, you must upload two administrative documents which you can download here already in order to prepare the files for upload:
- Application for Admission Letter (print, sign, and scan to PDF file)
- Application for Admission Form (to be uploaded as XLS file)
Partial applications will not be considered. Old application forms will not be accepted any longer.